About the MSU Team
The Mississippi State University (MSU) EcoCAR 2 team is comprised of over 100 members, spanning across 20 majors. The team is led by a mechanical engineering graduate student, serving as team leader, and five graduate group leaders, all of whom have significant experience in Advanced Vehicle Technology Competitions (AVTCs). MSU has participated in the AVTC program for 9 years now and has taken home top honors of first place overall 4 of those 9 years, 2012 being the latest overall win. In these 9 years, the team has competed in 3 separate competitons and they are: Challenge X; EcoCAR: The NeXt Challenge; and EcoCAR 2: Plugging In To the Future. They are currently in Year 3 of EcoCAR 2 and have made great strides so far in the current competition year.
Overall Team Goals:
- Enhance the educational program in vehicular technology at MSU
- Populate the automotive industry with MSU graduates
- Contribute to the development of relevant technologies
- Educate the public in the region regarding the benefit of electrified vehicles
- Build upon previous successes in past automotive competitions to produce a winning vehicle